Leading with a Systems View: Deming Management Method for Owners and Executives | 2.5-Day Seminar
The W. Edwards Deming Institute® offers events for those interested in applying Deming’s management ideas in their organizations. The calendar of events on our website shows the current planned events.
Our 2 1/2 day seminars are offered a couple times a year; the next one will be held next week.
Leading with a Systems View: Deming Management Method for Owners and Executives
10-12 April 2019
Tipp City, Ohio, USA
This seminar explores simple and powerful principles and is appropriate for anyone who manages people or who holds executive responsibility. Topic areas include the four elements of Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge (a.k.a. The Deming Management Method)
Dr. Deming said, “a bad system will beat a good person every time”. At this seminar you will learn to look at your organization through a new lens; a lens of how to make your system better – and thus get better results. You will gain new knowledge to remove barriers, increase efficiencies, reduce wasted time, boost motivation, and provide better insight into what’s really going on in your organization. And, you’ll discover how to measure what is (and is not) realistically possible for your organization to achieve.
The video interview covers several topics including: How to get the most out of Leading with a Systems View seminar.
This seminar explores simple and powerful principles and is appropriate for anyone who manages people or who holds executive responsibility. Topic areas include the four elements of Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge® (a.k.a. The Deming Management Method):
- Understanding of and Appreciation for your Organization as a System – How to lead and optimize a system – not destroy it. Foster Respect and Joy in work.
- Understanding Variation – Conclusions we can/cannot make from data and observations. Actions to take.
- The Theory of Knowledge – Is what we “know” really so? Learning – Improvement – Rational Thinking.
- Understanding Psychology – The truth about how humans react and interact. Beliefs – Behaviors – Consequences.
Through enjoyable and engaging hands-on activities, small group breakouts, energetic work sessions, discussions and question and answer sessions, you will gain visibility into what is holding you back – and where you can improve effectiveness, reduce costs, increase productivity, and accelerate growth and innovation.
Other events on the calendar today include:
- The Annual Bryce Canyon Society Forum: W. Edwards Deming in the 21st Century – In Search of Excellence | 3 April 2019 | Cedar City, Utah
- The Deming Management Method | 25 April 2019 | An Intensive 8-Hour Conversation | Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- The New Economics Study Sessions | 9 One-Hour Sessions |
11 March – 6 May, 2019 Online via GoTo Webinar
- Shift from “Me” to “We” Thinking and Behaviors: Discover and Address Hidden Barriers to Teamwork | 6-Hour Workshop | 8 August 2019 | Tipp City, Ohio