2013 Deming Prize Winnersby John Hunter
The Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE) has announced the 2013 Deming Prize winners.
The companies awarded the Deming Prize this year are:
- Komatsu Shantui Construction Machinery (China) – Japanese parent company received the 1964 Deming prize.
- Advics (Japan)
- Sanden Corporation, Retail Systems (Japan) – previous Deming Prizes awards granted to Sanden in 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2006. And in 2007, Masayoshi Ushikubo, a Chairman, received the Deming Prize for Individuals
- RSB Transmissions(I) Limited, Auto Division (India)
- SCG Logistics Management Company Limited (Thailand)
- MC Systems Inc. (Japan)
- Meihoku Kogyo (Japan)
It may not seem surprising that more than half the winners are based in Japan, but this is actually a departure the results seen in recent years. Distribution of winning organizations since 2000 (including prizes for 2013)
- India – 20
- Thailand – 11
- Japan – 11
- China – 2
- USA – 1
- Singapore – 1
- Taiwan – 1
2013 Deming Grand Prizes:
3 years after a company has received the Deming Prize they may apply to the top prize. That prize has previously been named the Japan Quality Medal but was renamed, in 2012, to the Deming Grand Prize.
2013 Deming Prize for Individuals
- Dr. Hideo Iwasaki, Professor Emeritus, Kinki University (Japan)
Categorised as: events