Online Resources for W. Edwards Deming’s Management Ideasby John Hunter
Update: as new online resources are added this blog post is not. See the current list of online Deming management system resources.
There are many online resources for those looking to improve the practice of management in their organization in a way consist with Dr. Deming’s management system. The W. Edwards Deming Institute maintains several online resources:
- The W. Edwards Deming Institute web site, which includes a weath of resources including over 60 articles by Dr. Deming and a calendar of events (conferences and seminars)
- The W. Edwards Deming Institute blog
- Deming Institute YouTube channel
- Quotes by W. Edwards Deming – with sources
- Deming Institute Twitter account
- Deming Institute Facebook page
- Deming Institute Group on Linked In
- The Deming Files – articles on Deming’s management ideas, partnership of the Deming Institute and the Process Excellence Network to present these articles.
Here are several more sources I find useful (obviously there is much more available online, feel free to add comments with additional resources):
- Deming Sub-reddit, a social site with links to online Deming resources (I manage this – John)
- Deming Prize by the Union of Japanese Scientists and Engineers (JUSE)
- Several blogs frequently discuss Deming’s ideas including: Lean Blog (by Mark Graban), Curious Cat Management Improvement Blog (my blog), Michel Baudin’s Blog, Think Different (by Bob Marshall).
- Web sites of organizations exploring Deming’s ideas: In2:InThinking Network, Deming Collaboration, Deming Transformation Forum (UK)
- Deming Lecturer Award – presented by the American Statistical Association
- Deming Medal – presented by the American Society for Quality