20th Annual International Deming Research Seminar, 3-4 March 2014 in New York Cityby John Hunter
The 20th Annual International Deming Research Seminar will be held 3-4 March 2014 at Fordham University in New York City.
Experts in healthcare and education, as well as practitioners in government, manufacturing, and service industries will share their ideas and explore their results applying Dr. W. Edwards Deming’s theory of management. Academics and practitioners will gather from around the world for two days of presentations, exchanges, and roundtables.
Nida Backaitis will provide the keynote presentation – The Transformation Deming Called For: A View Through The Lens Of Adult Stage Development. Nida Backaitis applies the adult vertical developmental lens to the teachings of W. Edwards Deming in order to:
- provide new perspective on the nature of the transformation Deming implored us to make
- shed new light on why most of Deming’s audience has even today not fully understood his message and
- why our culture is more ready to understand his message anew some 20 years after his death.
Other speakers include:
- Diversity In Action: Creating Responsive Systems In High Variation Environments by Jim Benson, Modus Cooperandi
- Understanding And Application Of Deming’s System Of Profound Knowledge In Healthcare - Experiences of and Lessons Learned by the Healthcare Value Network’s “Acceleration & Assessment Team” by Mike Stoecklein
- Argyris, Deming & Transformation – Our Values in Action Will Transform Us by Dennis M. Sergent
- Why Is It Crucial To Apply Dr. Deming’s SoPK In I.T. Today? – Insights From Research and Practice by Poorani Jeyasekar
See the full list of presentations.
Categorised as: events